A medley of warm spices tempered with a touch of brown sugar is a great match for rich, nutritious pecans.
About 2 cups | Active Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
• 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 cups pecan halves, (about 4 ounces)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2 Combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl. Toss pecans and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the pecans, tossing to coat. Spread the spiced nuts on the prepared baking sheet.
3 Bake the pecans, tossing every 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and very fragrant, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let cool.
Per 2-tablespoon serving : 102 Calories; 22 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 12 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 6 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 4 g Fiber; 193 mg Sodium; 178 mg Potassium
Tips & Notes
• Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
• Refrigerate chili pecans in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
WIN ALL DAY!