Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
It’s that time of the year!
If you joined us for our pumpkin workout down at the Tulsa Dream Center we even worked out with the pumpkins!
So what do you do with your pumpkins after using them as a decoration in the font yard?
Well today we have a pumpkin seed recipe that you will love!
This is so simple and such a great treat during this time of the year!
But before we go there I want to give you my 7 reasons YOU NEED to eat your pumpkin seeds…
7 REASONS YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SEEDS
1. IMMUNE support! Pumpkins are super rich in zinc… and our friend zinc plays a hug role in your immune system staying on point.
2. HEART Healthy! Magnesium is packed all in those little pumpkin seeds. Magnesium is a game changer when it comes to a healthy blood pressure my fiend.
3. OMEGA 3’s Baby! You know how big we are on these. Enough said!
4. MAN UP! The zinc helps with prostate health. So for all you dudes out there..enought said!
5. FOR THE LADIES! Pumpkin seed oil is rich in natural phytoestrogens. This can help with increased “HDL” so for you ladies… less of the hot flashes and those other menopausal symptoms in post menopause.
6. INFLAMMATION! The oil also is a great anti-inflammatory. So when it comes to joint pain and treating arthritis get you some!
7. SLEEP! These seeds are packed with tryptophan…an amino acid that helps build protein. The cool part is your body converts this into serotonin,then turned into melatonin… the “sleep hormone.” baby!
How To Make It Happen
1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons olive oil
garlic powder (optional)
cayenne pepper (optional)
seasoning salt (optional)
cajun seasoning (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
While it’s OK to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor) clean off any major chunks.
Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the oil and seasonings of your choice.
Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
There you have it! BAM!
Get you some of these healthy seeds during this beautiful time of the year!
If you enjoyed this post, we would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
Coach JC & The Bootcamp Tulsa Family
PS. If you would like to receive an email from Coach JC when new blog posts are made so that you can WIN more in your Fitness, Nutrition & Life just make it happen below…