Sweets? Please I need my sweet fix!
One of the hardest things for me when it comes to my nutrition is good ol’ sweets.
If you know me at all, you know I love my sweets.
I think I could eat dessert after every meal if I could.
You can asks the girls I work with…
When we go on business trips together and are out for dinner I am that girl…
When the server asks after dinner if anybody wants dessert, they all look over at me and say “she will…”
I love my sweets!
So to curve my sweet cravings my mother in law made me this amazing Avocado pudding.
YES, I said Avocado pudding.
I was very skeptical until I had my first bite.
If you haven’t ever tried it, it’s a MUST!
In one of my previous blogs I wrote about all of the great health benefits of avocados: skin, healthy fats, cholestrerol, etc.
Here’s what you have to do to make it happen.
Here are the items that I pick up… usually from Whole Foods.
AVOCADO PUDDING SHOPPING LIST
1. 1 medium avocado (ripe and at peak of perfection please!)
2. 1/2 cup dates
3. 2 1/2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
4. 1/4 cup water
5. 1 1/2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
6. 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
I like to use my Vitamix to blend all of this together, but a food processor can do the trick also.
HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN -In Only 3 Steps!
1. First soak your dates in water for 45 min. to soften them. Pop the seed right out and throw the seed away.
2. Next you want to throw all of the ingredients into the Vitamix or processor and start slowly blending it. You may need to stop and use a rubber spatula around the edges to get it to the center of the mixer and then start back up a few times.
*If it is too thick you can add + 1/8 cup water but don’t add it all at once. Just add a few drops until you get it to the consistency you like. Remember, it’s pudding!
3. Place the pudding into bowl or glass or whoever you want to present it.
* Add whatever fresh berries you want to add to the top for taste and look!
There you have it… The final product!
I prefer to have it chill for an hour then serve, but sometimes I can’t wait and just grab a spoon and enjoy.
The recipe is for one person, but double it or triple it for your family size.
Don’t even tell your family it’s made with Avocado and they won’t know the difference 😉
GO TO THE STORE NOW…
Don’t pass GO, don’t collect 100$, just trust go and make it happen.
To learn more about Bootcamp Tulsa or to sign up, call 918-528-4296.
If you enjoyed this post, we would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
Jodi & Your Bootcamp Tulsa Family
PS. And if you’d like to get more posts like this one and start WINNING more, just subscribe here and I’ll send you the new one’s as I post them…