Check out my video on what you can do to replace the deadly sugar and artificial sweeteners in your life.
After watching the video check out below where I listed my top 5 so that you can reference them for yourself.
You asked so here you go!
Here are my top 5 substitutes to sugar and artificial sweeteners:
1. Stevia is a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener for hundreds of years. SteviaÂ is a small rebaudiana plant that has a delicious and refreshing taste. These stevia leafsÂ can be 30 times sweeter than sugar and they make it convenient by selling packets that you can carry with you at all times.
2. SweetLeaf is a liquid stevia which is extremely convenient and easy to use. I use sweet leaf to spice up water, coffee, tea, yogurt, smoothies, and anything else I want to add flavor to. Check this out: It has
ZERO calories. ZERO carbohydrates. ZERO glycemic index.
3. Yacon Syrup is a sugar substitute native to the Andean region of South America. It is glucose-free, and does not increase blood sugar levels. Because of this, yacon syrup is often recommended as a sweetener to those suffering from diabetes or at risk for becoming diabetic.
The syrup is derived from the roots of the yacon plant, and according to some studies is a good source of antioxidants. The component that gives the roots a sweet taste is Fructooligosaccharide, or FOS.
Because the body cannot process FOS, it passes through the system without leaving behind absorbable sugar compounds. It also is relatively low in calories, compared to most other sweeteners.
4. Lo Han is the fruit of a plant from the mountains of southern China. Mogrosides, which is the waterthat is extracted from the Lo Han fruit, is what gives that sweet taste. Lo Han is up to 250x sweeter than sugar. Lo Han is very Low on the Glycemic Index which means it will notÂ cause extreme fluctuations in your blood sugar. It can be used for both hot and cold foods and is this is why it is good for cooking and baking and it is very Low Calorie!
5. Xylitol is as sweet as sugar and has 40% less calories. Xylitol will not contribute to weight gain and actually will halp balance out your body’s pH level. Remember, start with a little amount unless you want to be in the bathroom!
Well, There you go. My top 5 substitues for artifical sweeteners and sugar.
I would love to hear what you think! Give me your feedback and let me know which one you like the best!
Have Fun, Keep It Simple
Your Life Is What You Make It!
Your Transforamtion Coach,