Baked Humus-Crusted Chicken with Squash
Try this juicy baked chicken breast with a creamy hummus shell, which adds flavor, fiber and protein.
• 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
• 3 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, roughly chopped
• 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
• 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought (certified gluten-free if necessary)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
• 1 lemon, quartered
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray two glass baking dishes with cooking spray.
While oven is preheating, pat the chicken dry. Season chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken breast and hummus into a small bowl and toss until well-coated.
In a glass baking pan, toss the zucchini and onion with olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until coated. Pat vegetables down until it makes an even layer in the baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Bake for 15 minutes.
In the second glass baking dish, add the chicken breast. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
Place both baking dishes into the oven at 450 degrees F. Bake the vegetables for about 15 minutes, and bake the chicken for about 20 minutes. Serve each chicken breast with about 3/4 cup of vegetables and 1 lemon wedge.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
WIN ALL DAY!