Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Chicken Fajita Sweet Potato Skins. Where are my veggies? Have I earned my starchy carbs?
2 sweet potatoes
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
½ onion, sliced
1 chicken breast
3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, divided
For the fajita seasoning:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Using a fork, poke holes down one side of each sweet potato. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Let sweet potatoes cool before handling.
3. Next, cut sweet potatoes in half and carve out the centers, leaving a small rim around the outside of each sweet potato.
4. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Add the bell peppers and onion to the other side of the baking sheet. Drizzle in olive oil.
5. Next, mix the fajita seasoning ingredients together. Season the sweet potatoes and veggies.
6. Add chicken breast on top of the veggies, drizzle in olive oil and add additional seasoning.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165˚F/75˚C. Let cool for a few minutes.
8. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix together with the veggies. Fill up the sweet potatoes and top with mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
10. Garnish with your favorite toppings (we used guacamole and cilantro).
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
PS. And if you’d like to get more posts like this with more 5 min blasts so that you can start WINNING more, just subscribe here and I’ll send you the new one’s as I post them…