Crispy Salad in a Mason Jar
Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Crispy Salad in a Mason Jar. Where are my veggies?
- 1–4 tablespoons salad dressing
- Mix of raw and cooked vegetables, fresh and dried fruit, nuts, cheese and other salad ingredients
- Salad greens
- Pour salad dressing in the bottom of the jar. How much you use depends on the size of the salad. Add any hard-chopped vegetables: carrots, cucumbers, beets, and so on. Next, add beans, grains or pasta, like chickpeas, black beans, cooked barley or quinoa, as well as any crunchy nuts or seeds.
- For same-day salads, add protein like crumbled cheese, meat or eggs. For make-ahead salads, add these ingredients to the top of the jar the day you plan to eat your salad.
- Next, add softer, more perishable ingredients like avocados, tomatoes, diced apricots or berries. Similar to the proteins, add these now if you’ll be eating your salad within the day. If you’re preparing salad for later in the week, wait until the day you plan to eat the salad.
- Fill the rest of the jar with chopped salad greens.
- Screw on the lid and refrigerate up to five days (or until lunchtime). When you’re ready to eat, unscrew the lid and shake the salad ingredients into the bowl. This shake is typically enough to mix the salad with the dressing, but a good toss with your fork won’t hurt.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
PS. And if you’d like to get more posts like this with more 5 min blasts so that you can start WINNING more, just subscribe here and I’ll send you the new one’s as I post them…