Leftover Turkey and Kale Soup
Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Leftover Turkey and Kale Soup. Where are my veggies? Where is my lean protein?
▪ about 2 cups of cooked turkey, cubed or shredded
▪ 2 Tablespoons olive oil
▪ 1 bunch of kale, ribs removed and leaves chopped
▪ 1/2 medium onion, minced
▪ 1 large carrots, chopped
▪ 5 cups chicken or turkey stock
▪ 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
▪ 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
▪ 1 teaspoon Worsteshire or soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
▪ salt to taste, depending on how salty your stock is
1 In medium stock pot, heat the pan on medium heat, then add olive oil. Add onion carrots and cook onions till translucent.
2 Add chicken stock, ground cumin, chili powder and worsteshire or soy sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.
3 Add turkey. Turn heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Once the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat to low.
4 Simmer soup on low heat for about 5 minutes.
5 Add chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is tender.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
WIN ALL DAY!