Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry. Where are my veggies? Where is my lean protein?
- 1 lemon, juiced and grated
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 small head napa cabbage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and soy sauce; set aside.
In a large wok on medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add cabbage, asparagus, bell peppers, ginger, pepper flakes and chili powder; cook for 4–5 minutes more, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add soy sauce mixture and toss. Stir in lemon zest (if using), and sprinkle with scallions.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
PS. And if you’d like to get more posts like this with more 5 min blasts so that you can start WINNING more, just subscribe here and I’ll send you the new one’s as I post them…