Make Ahead Mini Frittatas
Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Make Ahead Mini Frittatas. Where are my veggies? Where is my lean protein?
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 small yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 4 2-oz links cooked all-natural Italian chicken sausage, no added nitrites or nitrates, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Mist a 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet on medium-low, heat oil. Add potatoes, onion and salt and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Add sausage, garlic and tomatoes and and sauté for 2 minutes more. Divide mixture among muffin tins and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and yogurt. Stir in cheese, basil and pepper. Divide evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, until puffed and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. Slide a knife around each frittata and gently remove, placing on a large rimmed baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours, then transfer to a large zip-top freezer bag. Return to freezer until ready to serve, up to 1 month.
- To serve, preheat oven to 400ºF. Place frozen frittatas on a rimmed baking sheet misted with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes, until heated through. A microwave may also be used, if desired. Frittatas can also be eaten cold; defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
If you enjoyed this post, we would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…Keep WINNING!
The Bootcamp Tulsa Family