ON THE RUN?
The busyness of life! Aren’t we all so busy these days, running here to there, taxing kids around, etc.?
I think the older I get the busier I get…
But like Coach JC says, “It’s a great thing when your busy is a productive busy!”
I know our family is busy productive and I pray yours is as well. If not, come spend a little time with our family and I promise you you will be.
We are always looking for a good but healthy snack to have while on the run.
One that JC and Alivia love is Coconut Pecan Snow Balls. We even make them into bars so you get the feel of a bar which most people are more familiar with.
Coach JC’s mom has made them for him for years, and we were just reminded of them while out at Whole Foods on 91st & Yale on one of their Saturday taste testing days.
The recipe below makes about 6-8 small bars, or 14 balls.
What you will need:
- 10 dates, pitted
- ¾ cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup of raw pecans
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- 1/8 cup of water
*Place the above ingredients into the food processor and follow the instructions below
**Coach JC like to get creative withe these things and will always find a way to add some more protein to them.
*Set aside another ½ cup of the shredded unsweetened coconut to coat your bars or snow balls with.
Make it Happen.
- Put all your ingredients into a food processor and pulse it until it’s fully mixed.
- SLOWLY add water, about a teaspoon at a time and continue to pulse until a thick, sticky dough like ball forms.
- Dump it all out onto a clean surface and divide it up however you would like (bars or snow balls).
- Mold it with your hands and put onto a parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet.
- Roll the final product into the ½ cup of coconut shavings and then stick them in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
As simple as that!
We then like to put them into snack size bags so we can grab them ON THE RUN.
Make sure to keep them in the fridge and they will last you up to 5 days…
Now, if your family is like mine they may be gone in about 3 days.
I know you will enjoy this one and now you have a healthy snack when you are on the go.
Go make some and let me know what you think!
If you enjoyed this post, we would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…