Pizza Bell Pepper Cups
Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Pizza Bell Pepper Cups. Where are my veggies? Where is my protein?
6 large green bell peppers, halved, seeded and cored
1 1/2 cups Organic-low sugar marinara (1 or 2 tbs. for each half)
1 1/2 lbs cooked and seasoned lean ground turkey breast ( season with pinch of garlic/onion powder, Italian seasonings, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper while cooking.)
6 thin slices provolone or mozzarella, cut in half so each paper has half slice (Cheese is optional)
Add your favorite pizza-type veggies on top:
> Mushrooms, tomato, olives, red onion
> Fresh basil and thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Halve the green peppers lengthwise
3. Place peppers in a boiling pot of water for just 3 minutes
4. Drain on paper towels and lay cup side up on flat sheet pan
5. Place a few Tbsps cooked turkey and marinara inside each pepper.
6. Place 1/2 slice of cheese on top of meat, then arrange desired veggies on top of that.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 8 – 10 minutes….just until cheese is melted.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
WIN ALL DAY!