Slow Cooker Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Slow Cooker Vegetarian Sloppy Joes. Where are my veggies?
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) uncooked green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 15-ounce (435 grams) can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce (435 grams) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) water, plus more if necessary
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) organic ketchup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash, washed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients except spaghetti squash. Stir.
Cut the washed spaghetti squash in half around the middle and scoop out the seeds. Place the squash halves cut-side down in the slow cooker right on top of the lentils. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until squash is tender and lentils are cooked completely. If the lentils seem dry, stir in additional water until it reaches a nice, thick consistency.
Remove spaghetti squash and shred inside with a fork. Divide among bowls and add lentil sloppy joe topping. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
If you enjoyed this post, we would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…Keep WINNING!
The Bootcamp Tulsa Family