Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Southwestern Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls. Where are my veggies?
For avocado lime sauce (you will have leftovers):
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cilantro (can substitute with parsley)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lime
- About 1/3 cup water, add more to thin if needed
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Handful of mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh cilantro and parsley, plus more to garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lime, plus more to garnish
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1/3 cup cooked black beans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Sliced avocado and green onion, to garnish
For the sauce: Whirl all ingredients in the food processor until completely smooth. Transfer to a jar. (There will be plenty of the avocado dressing leftover to use as a dip or spread.)
For the salad: In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, herbs and greens together. Squeeze lime on top and set aside.
Run the sweet potato through the spiralizer to make noodles, or use a vegetable peeler to turn it into ribbons.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then lightly sauté the noodles for 2–3 minutes or until slightly softened. Transfer the sweet potato noodles to the bowl of greens and tomatoes.
Without cleaning the pan, heat the remaining oil. Toss in the black beans, cayenne and coriander, and stir fry until warm. Add to the sweet potato noodle mixture. Stir everything in the bowl well to combine. Either add the avocado sauce and toss to coat at this point, or plate the salad and drizzle the sauce on top. Serve with sliced avocado, green onion and lime wedges if desired.
If you enjoyed this post, we would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
The Bootcamp Tulsa Family