Try this low-carb spaghetti squash lasagna for a healthy take on a favorite casserole.
1 2/3 to 3 pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 bunch broccolini, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1. Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 450 degrees.
2. Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the flesh is tender, about 10 minutes. (Alternative: Place halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccolini, garlic and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes. Add water and cook, stirring until the borccolini is tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into the bowl. Place the shells in a broiler-safe baking pan or on a baking sheet. Stir 3/4 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into the squash mixture. Divide it between the shells; top with the remaining ¼ cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
5. Bake on lower rack for 10 minutes. Move to the upper rack, turn the broiler to high and broil, watching carefully, until the cheese starts to brown, about 2 minutes.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
WIN ALL DAY!