Today we have a WINNING recipe for you so that you can WIN in your nutrition and WIN in life!
Today’s WINNING recipe to meet Coach JC’s 10 WINNING Habits is Zesty Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. Where is my lean protein?
- 3/4 pound cooked, peeled and deveined small or medium shrimp
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shaved with vegetable peeler or grated
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained no-salt-added canned black beans (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 to 24 large Boston or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry*
Combine all ingredients except lettuce in a medium bowl. (Mixture may be chilled until ready to serve.) Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp salad into each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
* If lettuce leaves are small, stack two together before filling.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you share this goodness with some of your friends and family using one of those social media sharing buttons below…
PS. And if you’d like to get more posts like this with more 5 min blasts so that you can start WINNING more, just subscribe here and I’ll send you the new one’s as I post them…